In a post a few weeks ago I wrote about possibly changing up my blog content a bit since I found it so tough coming up with something fresh and interesting that was based purely on my writing. Let’s face it nobody wants to hear me ramble on about being stuck in editing or writer’s block in every other post.
I found an article on writing a blog plan that was very helpful in getting me started with this new direction for my blog. So I sat down to do some brainstorming. I still want my content to include writing but I now want to add things going on away from my computer because as much as I want to write I don’t want to be stuck behind a desk all day.
So I listed
- what I liked and disliked about my blog (I am really happy with my new header: designed it myself).
- what I thought blogging should be (FUN!!).
- a few things that I am interested in and thought of ways to incorporate them into my blog content.
- Blogging goals for the year.
That being said my new blog plan includes the following:
- Better/more pictures.
- My writing
- Book reviews, what I’m currently reading.
- Work in progress updates
- My home
The blogging schedule that I will do my very best to follow will be:
- On Mondays: a post about writing. Could be a short story I recently wrote, an article or a book review. It will most likely be book or writing related.
- Thursdays will be something about my life, my hobbies, where I live etc.
My blog plan is alot more of a detailed mess and I don’t want to bore you with the entire list. What I will say is that I plan on following it for the next three months and see if it helps in getting me excited about blogging again.
Does anyone have a blog plan?